All Import Auto Care was established in 1968 by Dennis Smith at the corner of MLK & Dunlap Street in an Ashland oil gas station. Volkswagen was the king of imports in the 60‘s, so the business was named “The Beetle Shop” in the beginning in order to reflect the type of cars that were primarily serviced. When Ashland oil pulled out of Michigan the business relocated for a short time to Cedar Street, while a new building on Cavanaugh Road was constructed. The business moved to the new building sometime in 1972, and continues to be the location today. It wasn’t until the 80’s that the name of the business was changed to All Import Auto Care so people would know that the business serviced more than just Volkswagen and worked with import auto foreign car repair. In April of 2007, Dennis Smith Sr. retired, and his son, Dennis Smith Jr. took over the business and today continues to operate All Import Auto Care and provide import auto foreign car repair.
We are located just 3 blocks east of Pennsylvania Ave. by the rail road tracks, All Import Auto Care is here for you!
All Import Auto Care
1400 East Cavanaugh Road
Lansing, MI 48910-3653